Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Friday!

It’s Friday everyone! *cues band playing music!* We have worked all week to get to this point and now it is here! In honor of Fun- Friday, I am going to share a story with you all about my wacky niece, Kayla.

Now, here is a little tidbit about Kayla… she has a GREAT imagination, even though she is only 11. This is a good thing, but it can also be a bad/ hard to explain trait. And this brings me to my story.

When Kayla was in the third grade, she had a teacher that she adored. (Ironically, I also had this teacher when I was in the third grade). Anyway, it was time for the parent-teacher conference and my sister knew she didn’t have anything to worry about. Kayla might talk a lot, but she is a good kid.
So my sister went to the conference and it went a little something like this:

Teacher: I am glad to hear that Kayla’s got to spend some time with her dad. It is just great that he took her ice fishing!

My sister: Ummm…

Teacher: And Kayla described it beautifully! I felt like I was there with her! She said that she and her dad had to bundle up because it was so cold outside. Then, they walked across the ice where the hole had been cut. Kayla said that when they dropped the line into the water that it was so cold that the worm froze! She said it was like an ice cube! I just couldn’t believe it!

My sister *trying not to laugh*: Um, that never happened.

Teacher *blinking*: What?

My sister: Kayla has never been ice fishing. In fact, she has never been fishing before…

Teacher: But… but…

My sister: Welcome to my world!


LOL I will tell you all one thing, I get a LOT of ideas from my niece! On that happy note, I bid you all farewell until Monday! Have a great weekend!

No comments: