Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meeting the Undertaker

I have been thinking about how I should proceed with my ‘Wrestling Wednesdays’. Should I start from the beginning and give you a little play by play of my wrestling history? Should I jump around and tell stories as I feel like it? Hmmm.
I’m still not sure how I am going to do it, but this week I am going to tell you about meeting one of the greatest wrestlers ever. It is fitting, too, since Wrestlemania is this weekend and this particular wrestler is in a huge match.

I was in Memphis with my BFF for the Unforgiven PPV. We arrived in town early so we could go shopping and whatnot. That night we checked into our hotel, which had one of the most comfortable beds ever. No, I am serious! When I think about this trip I remember three things. Spending time with my friend, The Wrestlers we met, and how amazing the beds were!

In the evening we decided to go to the lobby to see what was going on. We knew that some of the wrestlers would be staying at the hotel and you never know who you are going to see. So, we were chilling in the bar when we saw a VERY large man sitting on a table near the main door. We both thought it was someone else, until we heard another fan saying it was the Undertaker in a very excited voice.

My BFF and I looked at each other in awe. The Undertaker?!?! But, it couldn’t be… no one EVER gets to meet the Undertaker! We were both freaking out. Okay, I may have been freaking out more… I will neither confirm nor deny this… Okay, I WAS freaking out more! I was even shaking I was so excited.

But then it hit me… HOW was I going to meet him? I mean, I couldn’t just walk up to him and say hi. I could see from across the lobby that he was mostly signing autographs, which sucked because I wanted a picture. (Side note: If I have to pick between an autograph and a picture, I want the picture!)

My BFF and I watched as he checked in and then began walking to the elevators. Oh no! Once he got on the elevator he would be gone! And when was I ever going to see him again! I mean, this was the first time that I had seen him and I have been going to shows for a very long time. In fact, I know some people that have went to shows longer than me that STILL haven’t met him!

I looked at my BFF and she nodded back. She knew what I was going to do. (another note: My BFF and I have an… “understanding“. I am usually the one who takes one for the team and asks for a picture. Then, if they say yes, she takes one, too. I like to give her a hard time about it, but I really don’t mind lol)

I took in a deep breath and stepped in front of him as he was walking by.

“Mr. Undertaker… sir?” I said in a shaky voice. “May I get a picture with you?”

I couldn’t even bring myself to look him in the eyes. He was going to say no, I knew it!

“Sure,” was his reply.

Wh… WHAT!?! I quickly jumped next to him and posed for the picture… but the flash never went off. My friend was staring back at me. And then I realized that she didn’t have my camera.

“It might help if I had my camera out!” I said with a nervous titter.

“It would, unless you want to take a mental picture,” The Undertaker replied with a laugh.

OMG OMG OMG! The Undertaker was joking with me! I tittered nervously again and handed my camera to my friend. She took the picture and then I took her picture for her.

We then said thank you and he moved onto other fans. My BFF and I went back to our table and we both freaked out together. We had met The Undertaker! I knew right then and there that this particular wrestling trip was going to be one of the best ones ever. And it was.

It was something that I will honestly never forget!
See the tears in my eyes, lol

3 comments:

Sam said...

haha I was gonna say isn't this the one where you cried when you met the Undertaker lol...stll wasnt as good ast the lil rock and snow cone almost fallinging outta my hand moment ;D

Sarah Bale said...

That was actually st. louis lmao.

Anonymous said...

Its been one of my dreams as a kid to meet mark. Idk why I just really enjoyed his matches and its been a dream since the first one. Some dream of being a asternot, this is my only dream :l screw asternots lol